TLS up and running

Bwoy…. u see when u don't fully understand a thing u end up making PURE mistakes. Here i've been working on my SSL with LDAP. On the surface everything looked okay but when i checked out the logs i recieved some error messages.
Alas they were not really error messages….. i was seeing soemthing like:

connection_read(11):unable to get TLS client DN, error=49 id=0

Which was/is okay sine i'm not sending client certificates… it took me a flippin 2 weeks to know that. When i used ethereal to sniff my network that is when i noticed the information WAS being encrypted when i do a ldapsearch!!!!

Moving on to next project!!!!! 😀

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: